For us, one plus one is still – one. Only more.
K|M+A Healthcare Studio started as a conversation and an idea. How could M+A Architects and KMA Design Partners leverage their collective strengths to continue to build our capacity to offer outstanding healthcare architecture here in Central Ohio and beyond?
From that initial question and through the following year of dialogue and planning, K|M+A Healthcare Studio took shape as our best effort to craft a fully merged business able to offer our clients both the resources of a talented crew of specialty healthcare architects, and the depth and strength of a larger firm with a long history and a great reputation for delivering quality buildings locally, nationally and internationally.
- Founded in 1980, M+A Architects has long been known for our strong commitment to quality design and construction documents and to our belief in building business based on building relationships.
- Founded in 2005, KMA Design Partners’ core group of healthcare architects bring over 60 years of combined experience along with national recognition in healthcare architecture built on outstanding design, technical expertise, quality documents, and strong relationships.
Now as partners in business as K|M+A Healthcare Studio, an internal division of M+A Architects, we look forward to building upon these outstanding traditions as we continue to grow and evolve as a leader in healthcare architecture.
Please check back often to see what’s new, or as always, feel free to stop by for a visit. Thanks for your interest!
Our relationship with K|M+A Healthcare Studio staff has been phenomenal and the interaction and follow-up of their staff has been nothing less that superb. I wanted to especially single-out the exceptional relationship they have developed with our customers and always going above and beyond what was requested. Many of our staff recognized this contribution. - Richard Colwell, System Director, OhioHealth Facilities Design and Construction
Our Designers Work Cited
Medical Design & Construction – 8/2009 cover
Health Facilities Management – 6/2008 cover
HEALTHCARE Design – 2/2008 cover
HEALTHCARE Design – 3/2007 article
HEALTHCARE Design – 9/2004 showcase
Designing the World’s Best Children’s Hospitals
HEALTHCARE Design – 12/2007 article
LEED and Green Guide
West Side Family Health Center
Dublin Methodist Hospital
Green Guide for Healthcare
Riverside Methodist Hospital
Grant Medical Center
Wexner Medical Center at The Ohio State University
OSU Hospitals East
Adena Health System
The City of Columbus
Prior Staff Experience
– Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA
– Jewish Hospital Kenwood, OH
– Butterworth Hospital, MI
– Village Hospital at Pelham, SC
– All Children’s Hospital, FL
– Kings Daughters Medical Center, KY
– Memorial Hospital of Union County, OH
– Kaiser Permanente, OH
– Kosair Children’s Hospital, KY
– SUNY Upstate Medical University, NY
– Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, OH
– Wooster Community Hospital, OH
– Trinity Hospital, OH